The European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI) announces the 13th edition of the prize for excellence in development research. The prize, worth €1 000, will be awarded for an essay on an issue of development studies in any field of the social sciences submitted and written by a postgraduate student from an EADI member country or attending a programme at an institutional member of the Association (see http://www.eadi.org/navigation/contact/members-of-eadi.html).
Although subjects may be chosen from any field of development studies the EADI Prize for Development Studies Commission really recommends and advantages entries coherent with the following Working Group themes:
- Aid Policy and Performance
- Conflicts, Security and Development
- Co-operation in Training Development Aid of the Non-DAC Donors
- Disasters and Development
- Environment and Development Europe and Asia
- Europe and Latin America
- Europe and Transitions in (Southern) Africa
- Finance for Development
- Gender and Development
- Industrialisation Strategies
- Information Management
- International Migration
- Knowledge, Policy and Power
- Multi-Dimensional Poverty
- Transformation in the World System – Comparative Studies of Development
- Transnational Corporations and Development
- Urban Governance
- Wellbeing, Psycho-social and Development Dynamics
EADI accepts entries also from people who have separated from an EADI institute or country up to three years after the event and requires the submission of un-published papers by the 30 April 2012.
Both the winning entry and other high quality entries might be considered for publication in the European Journal of Development Research
For further details you could check EADI’ s website (www.eadi.org).