Are you interested in the politics and governance of community and allotment gardening ? How these gardens can become more inclusive? And what lessons gardeners in Berlin and Warsaw can exchange?
The research project “Integration von Kleingärten und Gemeinschaftsgärten in Warschau und Berlin” seeks a German speaking research assistant.
We are looking for a person with:
– German language (spoken and written).
– Research interest in the topic of urban gardening;
– Training and experience with qualitative research methods
– Knowledge about Berlin allotment and community gardens’ and/or administrative situation and structure;
- November/December 2019 – Kick off. Interviewing gardeners, the city administration, city dwellers and other persons related to the topic – in Berlin (December and January)
- May 2020 – Focus Groups in Warsaw and Berlin, a visit of Berliners to Warsaw
- September 2020 – VISIS workshops on challenges and opportunities of this integration.
- March 2021 – final meeting in Warsaw
The rest of the time is for research, reading, meeting with the project team, writing and meetings in gardens (action research).
The project is a cooperation with Humboldt University and Łódź University in Poland. With funding from the Deutsch Polnische Wissenschaft Stiftung.
Deadline: Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com by October 14
RSO supervisor: Oona Morrow firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Research supervisors: Agnieszka Dragon and Anna Dańkowska